URALCHEM Holding P.L.C., a company incorporated in Cyprus and the holding company for URALCHEM Group, one of the largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizers in Russia and the CIS.
URALCHEM Group is the largest ammonia and ammonium nitrate producer in Russia and the second largest nitrogen fertilizer producer in Russia.
The company has facilities available for production of 2.5 million tonnes of ammonium nitrate, 2.8 million tonnes of ammonia, 0.8 million tonnes of complex fertilizers (NPK), 0.8 million tonnes of MAP and DAP and 1.2 million tonnes of urea per year.
In 2013 the URALCHEM produced 26.6% of Russian ammonium nitrate, 19.6% of ammonia, 19,8% of urea and other fertilizers.
URALCHEM's key assets include:
- Mineral Fertilizer Plant of Kirovo-Chepetsk Chemical Works, OJSC (MFP KCCW, OJSC), Kirovo-Chepetsk, Kirov region;
- Azot Branch of URALCHEM, OJSC in Berezniki, Perm region;
- Voskresensk Mineral Fertilizers, OJSC (Minudobrenya, OJSC), Voskresensk, Moscow region;
- Minudobrenya, OJSC Perm, Perm region;
- URALCHEM Trading House LLC (Trading House URALCHEM), Perm, Perm region;
- Riga Fertilizer Terminal Limited (Latvia);
- SIA Ventamonjaks (Latvia);
- Transport and service companies.
The rapid growth of demand for mineral fertilizers in BRIC countries and South-East Asia as well as the rising production of bio fuel assures the long-term development potential for the Company.
URALCHEM'S main competitive advantage is the development and production of innovative fertilizers tailored to particular countries, markets and segments along with ammonium nitrate and urea – in accordance with the chosen strategy of “market tailored products” focused on ensuring production flexibility.
The principal raw stuff used in production of nitrogen fertilizers is the natural gas that is delivered to the companies’ producers under the long-term contracts with OAO Gazprom and OAO Novatek.